Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So LA Club Gym



My friend gave me a year gym membership to a sports club in Los Angeles. Expect many yields from this place.

Imagine walking briskly through a large near empty three story gym, stopping in a wide open hall perusing a giant schedule board a good thirty feet from the nearest equipment and this conversation taking place with Wayne, a long haired fidgety Asian man in his 50s who has appeared out of nowhere.

Him: So the yoga classes...etc etc etc...they're pretty hard.
Me: Oh, Ok, Thanks.
Him: What's your name?
Me: Broek. What's your name?
Him: Wayne. Are you going to the Playboy Mansion Halloween Party?
Me: Um, no I'm not.
Him: Oh they're my neighbors so...etc etc etc backpedal to avert the obvious status drop...they're pretty loud.
Me: You probably appreciate the view though, huh?
Him: Oh yeah, it's crazy there but no, I'm not into those types of girls.
Me: Oh. Yeah.*
Him: Ok. Well see you later.
Me: Bye Wayne.

*Clearly my being a 5'9 blonde didn't register at all from BFE work out area over there.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad the gym membership is bringing all kinds of entertainment your way. Maybe you should wear that shirt while posing like Sarah Palin? Just a thought. Miss you.

Broek said...

Maybe I need that picture of me posing like Sarah Palin? And maybe you need to move back here stat.

Mike Saur said...

That's a really offensive shirt. The PC term is Mexican.

Broek said...

Oh Mike. You've still got it.